Last Saturday I held a lecture / content session on the use and development of advanced artificial intelligence. The approach was more philosophical than technical, since the purpose was to inform the participants of Winter Holidays Open 2015 debate tournament--but I nonetheless touched upon some implementation details and actual technology.
These were the three main topics I covered:
- Machine superintelligence and existential risk
- Practical questions of AI tech
- Can we predict the creation of machine superintelligence?
- What is the history of AI as a scientific field?
- What's the current state of cutting edge AI technology?
- Immediate social and economic impacts
- The ethics of autonomous weapons and vehicles
- Automation and the job market (mostly discussing a video by CPG Grey)